About The National Property Summit 2021
Property is generally still seen as one of the few investment asset classes to generate acceptable returns at a time of low or negative interest rates. However, Covid-19 has forced many to work from home, closed retail stores and accelerated structural changes impacting three sectors that are the backbone of the property world – office, retail and hospitality.
On the housing front, early 2020 predictions for the Irish property market included recovering house prices, more new builds, and a ‘Brexit Bounce’ benefit to the Irish economy. Data analysis revealed that we were right on track with a continued stabilisation in the market. But confidence was soon crushed with the arrival of Covid-19. Who would have thought that when the pandemic hit and many predicted property values would decline as a result, that the exact opposite would have occurred! With echoes of the Celtic Tiger, we’re again seeing headlines about double digit house price inflation expected with fewer and fewer homes available to buy nationally.
The COVID-19 pandemic; the government response; the environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) agenda; and push towards net zero and the acceleration of blurring of previously distinct asset classes are all driving significant change in the property sector.
Now going into its 8th year, the Business Post’s annual Property Summit is a premier event for investors, developers and builders, finance providers and agents to discuss and explore the future prospects for the Irish property sector: Recovery from crisis, the climate change agenda and the regeneration of housing in a regionally balanced Ireland.
Featuring leading content, panel debates, keynotes and discussions, this conference is one that will look on how we can stabilize the industry and explore how we turn this crisis into an opportunity to learn, improve and better prepare for the future.
Join us on December 1 at this live, in-person conference to receive the latest industry updates and for exclusive networking opportunities with leaders of the real estate investment market.
Topics for this year’s conference include:
- Demographic trends driving property demand: The challenges and opportunities of an ageing population
- The Irish housing market consumer demand trends: What’s changed and where might we be heading?
- Surviving the spiralling construction cost increases
- From Rebuilding Ireland to Housing for All: What’s new? Is it deliverable?
- De-carbonising the housing sector: The big shift from talk to action
- Outlook on banks’ lending strategies
- What retail assets make sense to invest in?
- Future of offices: Creating working spaces that attract the next generation of tenants
- Testing times for the hotel sector
- Logistics: Time to invest? How sustainable is the logistics boom?
- Social impact investing – where does real estate fit in? How will the green transition impact property investments?
- Building a property portfolio fit for the coming decade: What strategies are aligning with long-term demand, consumer behaviour and demographics?
Our Tickets and Pricing
The early bird ticket offer is available for a limited time only. Full ticket price is €250 + vat.
Early Bird Ticket
- Plus VAT
4 tickets for the price of 3
- Plus VAT
10 tickets for the price of 6
- Plus VAT
20 tickets for the price of 10
- Plus VAT
Our 2020 Sponsors
This Summit is organised by Business Post LIVE & iQuest.
If you have any questions, requests, or require assistance with your booking, please feel free to contact me: